[time 757] Re: [time 755] Re: [time 752] Re: [time 737] John Baez and the real problemsabout time

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:44:43 +0900

Dear Matti,

Matti Pitkanen <matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote:

Subject: [time 755] Re: [time 752] Re: [time 737] John Baez and the real
problemsabout time

> [MP] I do not know what you mean 'outside the realm of observation':
> in TGD quantum jump is quantum measurement and fixes
> macroscopic aspects of spacetime.
>
> In any case, for me the ultimate criterion is physics. The
> great discovery of Galilei was objective reality.

What Galilei did is to have shown that the "objective reality" is a nice
"working hypothesis" which have been working for some hundreds years. Any
"belief" in science is a working hypothesis, which has to be abandoned at some
future time. This attitude that any scientific belief is a working hypothesis
is a real scientific spirit. This attitude looks like beeing forgotten by
recent scientists.

Best,
Hitoshi