[time 760] Re: [time 755] Re: [time 752] Re: [time 737] John Baez and the real problemsabout time

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:30:27 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> Dear Matti,
>
> Matti Pitkanen <matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote:
>
> Subject: [time 755] Re: [time 752] Re: [time 737] John Baez and the real
> problemsabout time
>
> > [MP] I do not know what you mean 'outside the realm of observation':
> > in TGD quantum jump is quantum measurement and fixes
> > macroscopic aspects of spacetime.
> >
> > In any case, for me the ultimate criterion is physics. The
> > great discovery of Galilei was objective reality.
>
> What Galilei did is to have shown that the "objective reality" is a nice
> "working hypothesis" which have been working for some hundreds years. Any
> "belief" in science is a working hypothesis, which has to be abandoned at some
> future time. This attitude that any scientific belief is a working hypothesis
> is a real scientific spirit. This attitude looks like beeing forgotten by
> recent scientists.

This is precisely the case. What I am doing is to modify this
working hypothesis: not giving up the hypothesis totally
objective reality but assumign taht objective reality changes
once in 10^4 Planck times when quantum jump replaces old quantum
history=objective reality with a new one!