[time 553] Re: [time 535]Modeling change with nonstandard numbers

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:02:36 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Stephen P. King wrote:

> Dear Matti,
>
> Please read this paper!
>
> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/CDMTCS//researchreports/089walter.pdf

The paper seems that it is about Zeno paradox. I think
that I have read some popular article about solution of Zeno paradox
in terms of infitesimal numbers for year or so ago.

The introduction of infinite primes forces automatically also the
introduction of infinitesimals. All predictions of the
p-adicized quantum TGD for infinite p:s would be series containing also
powers of infinitesimals and only the finite part is interesting from our
point of view: two lowest orders in pinary expansion would give the exact
result.

It seems that the testing of our theories with accuracy of
infinitesimals is a rather remote possibility: and perhaps un-necessary:
we cannot even agree on basic philosophy! Perhaps those God like
creatures in the hierarchy of selves, which are labelled by infinite
primes, are busily constructing physical models in accuracy
O((1/infinite P)^n) and performing the needed high resolution
experimentation and reporting various errors using infinitesimals(;-).

MP