[time 1134] Fw: Invitation to join time

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:53:10 +0900

Dear Members,

I decided to move this list to the Lance's time list at eGroups.com.

Those who want to register to Lance's time list, read the following message
and find a procedure to register to it.

The present time list at metasci.kitada.com will be removed no later than the
end of January 2000.

Best wishes,
Hitoshi Kitada

----- Original Message -----
From: <lance@interactive.net>
To: <hitoshi@kitada.com>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2000 12:32 PM
Subject: Invitation to join time

> Hello!
>
> lance@interactive.net has invited you to join the time group
> at eGroups.com, a free email service. By joining this group,
> you can share information, store photographs and files, coordinate
> events and more!
>
> lance@interactive.net says:
>
> Here is a welcome statement provided by the group moderator:
>
> The time list has a "list center" at the above URL which you may find
interesting. The list has its own file storage area, a section for users to
add URLs that are relevant, a calendar where users may share information about
relevant dates and some other features as well, including support for
real-time chat. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Egroups
site.

> The general purpose of this list is to support discussion about time and
chronometry in both physical and philosophical contexts. The specific and
immediate purpose which motivated the creation of the list was to create a
forum for the discussion of the Theory of Local Time which is being developed
by Hitoshi Kitada of the Department of Mathematical Sciences in the University
of Tokyo. [See: H. Kitada, "Theory of Local Times," Il Nuovo Cimento, 109B,
N. 3 281-302. and H. Kitada "Theory of Local Times II. Another formulation
and examples," preprint gr-qc/9403007. In addition, I am currently working
with Hitoshi to elaborate the implications of the ideas contained in his
earlier papers. The paper is being published in the journal Apeiron as "Local
Time and the Unification of Physics." Part I is available in the October, 1996
issue of Apeiron. An Acrobat version of Part I may be obtained from
http://www.freelance-academy.org/time]

materials, is: http://kims.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ or http://www.kitada.com

> For technically oriented discussion of the Theory of Local Time, Hitoshi has
established a separate list. To request subscription to this list, send a
message to: majordomo@kitada.com and, in the body of the message, write:

> subscribe time
>
> This is one of a group of lists hosted by The Free Lance Academy, whose main
purpose is to create opportunities for serious, committed intellectual inquiry
outside the university, primarily by means of online media such as internet
mailing lists.