[time 1058] Re: [time 1056] Re: [time 1055] "The Un-logic" of Thermodynamics

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:07:51 +0900

Dear Stephen and all,

A small remark...

Stephen Paul King <stephenk1@home.com> wrote:

Subject: [time 1056] Re: [time 1055] "The Un-logic" of Thermodynamics

> Dear Prof. Matsuno and Friends,
>
> Koichiro Matsuno wrote:
> >
> > Dear Matti, Hitoshi, Robert, Stephen & All
> >
> > At 21:35 on 28 Nov 99, Matti Pitkanen <matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> >
> > >One must simply give up the idea about physics
> > >as evolution for geometry of single time=constant snapshot.
> > > In quantum jump between quantum histories picture (effectively
> > >quantum jumps between superpositions of macroscopically equivalent
> > >spacetimes) grandfather paradox disappears.
> >
> > This is an important point, no doubt about it. The remaining problem must
> > be how to implement this picture in a nittygritty manner down to the earth.
>
> Perhaps the fist step is to look for concrete experiments that could
> falsify this picture... I believe that the grandfather paradox is
> unsound since it tacitly implies the ability to violate the second law,

The grandfather paradox occurs in Goedel's space-time, but the Goedel's
space-time is not a unique solution of Einstein's field equation, so the paradox
can be avoided by adopting other solutions... (this is noted in Koichiro's
paper:

> General relativity may
> require some additional constraints in order to remain consistent...)

Best wishes,
Hitoshi