[time 1054] Re: [time 1053] Re: [time 1050] Re: [time 1048] Re: [time 1045] Re: [time 1044] The Un-logic

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:51:24 +0900

Dear Matti,

Matti Pitk$BgO(Ben <matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote:

Subject: [time 1053] Re: [time 1050] Re: [time 1048] Re: [time 1045] Re: [time
1044] The Un-logic

> If Witten and the like would take experimental physics and were more
> anomaly
> oriented they would be doing new physics. That this is not the case
> is perhaps partly due to recent education of theoreticians. They learn
> nothing about
> experimental side and about how experimentalist thinks. They do not have
> eye
> for anomalies, which are God's gifts for theoretician. The experimenal
> absence of
> magnetic monopoles, proton stability, solar neutrino deficit and
> anticorrelation of
> neutrino flux with solar spot activity: here are three (not all) anomalies
> which challenge
> the accepted gauge theory picture of basic interactions which string
> modellers take
> as granted.

I should appreciate it if you would explain those anomalies and how they
challenge "the accepted gauge theory picture of basic interactions:" it would
help us in understanding the problems we are meeting.

Best wishes,
Hitoshi