[time 973] Re: [time 969] Sharpened form of Riemann hypothesis and TGD

Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:11:05 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Stephen P. King wrote:

> Dear Matti,
>
> I am reading and thinking hard about the implications of this idea! I
> am very interested in the relationship that you see between
> supersymmetry and the algebraic identity. I have a couple of questions:
> 1) Are the p-adic number fields well-orderable, e.g. can we define a
> unique > or < relation between pairs of p-adic numbers within the p-adic
> number fields?

No. This is reflected as ultrametricity, which
corresponds mathematically to spin glass property and is one of the
strongest motovations for introducing p-adicization.

> 2) Are the p-adic number fields themselves well-orderable?

You probable mean that one could say that there is ordering
with respect to p in some sense? One can say that the larger
the value of p is, the more refined the p-adic topology is.