[time 932] Re: [time 931] Re: [time 928] Re: [time 923] Unitarity

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:07:59 +0900

Dear Matti,

Matti Pitkanen <matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi>

Subject: [time 931] Re: [time 928] Re: [time 923] Unitarity

> Dear Hitoshi,
>
> Still one question, can you tell in five words(;-) what is the difference
> between QFT and wave mechanics approches? One might think that
> basically there can be no difference if Hamiltonian quantization really
> works. Didn't Schwinger follow the Hamiltonian quantization?
>
> MP

My understanding is that QFT uses the operator-valued distribution which is
the basic quantity. Standard approach uses state function. The formulations
would be different in their interpretaion and applicability of standard
scattering theory to QFT seems small.

Best wishes,
Hitoshi