[time 905] IBM TeX plugin

Lancelot Fletcher (lance.fletcher@freelance-academy.org)
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:28:18 -0500

I am sending this a second time -- please forgive me if it is posted twice.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lancelot Fletcher [mailto:lance@interactive.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 1:17 PM
To: To: Time@Kitada. Com
Subject: IBM TeX plugin

Hitoshi wrote:

> Please post it
> to this list
> in LaTeX format. Members can have LaTeX readers owing to
> Stephen's search :-):

> > From: "Stephen P. King" <stephenk1@home.com>

> > Dear Matti et al,
> >
> > Just to let you know, there is a plug-in for Netscape and MS Explorer
> > available to view LaTeX and Tex at:
> > http://www.software.ibm.com/network/techexplorer/downloads/

I want to thank you for reminding me of this, and I also thank Stephen for
finding it. I have just installed the TechExplorer plugin. It installs
more or less automatically and also seems to work automatically.

This leaves me with only one request of Matti and others who compose TeX or
LaTeX documents: Instead of including such documents as part of the
message text, it would be easier for those who are using this plugin if you
would save them as separate files with the extension .tex or .latex (or
.ltx), and then send it as an attached file. That way the TeX file can be
opened directly by the browser plugin, without requiring the recipient to
save part of the message text into a separate file with the correct
extension.

Lance Fletcher, President
The Free Lance Academy Foundation
http://www.freelance-academy.org
lance@interactive.net

PS. Another question just occurred to me: What needs to be done so that
your comments interpolated into a LaTeX document can be read by the
TechExplorer plugin?