[time 853] Re: [time 852] Another expresion of my weird idea...

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 00:50:25 -0400

Dear Ben,

Ben Goertzel wrote:

> I see interactions within a single LS as involving bisimulation in a sense,
> due to quantum nonlocality.
>
> I see interactions as captured by GR and Newtonian mechanics as ~not~
> involving bisimulation
>
> When two LS's interact, from the point of view of classical and GR
> physics there is no bisimulation.

        Yes, this follows from the material monism implicit in classical
theory... I suggest that Monism only occurs at the level of bound
states. Anytime (pun!) scattering occurs, there is a duality, wheneve
time flows so does logic...

> But from the point of view of each individual LS, there is some
> quantum resonance and hence some bisimulation going on.

        Implying...?!

> I also see that this kind of bisimulation is quite different in detail
> from the kind that is defined in math papers. It is only approximate
> for one thing. However it may be algebraically capturable, in the
> sense that A's simulation of B should be a subalgebra of
> the algebra characterizing B...

        Umm, so would how would the relation between B's (A'S) simulation of A
and A (B) be defined algebraically?

Stephen