[time 845] Re: [time 844] Re: [time 841] Re: [time 839] What does an LS observe?

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 00:27:11 -0400

Dear Hitoshi,

Hitoshi Kitada wrote:
snip
[SPK]
> > I think that it is what we refer to as "communicating about our
> > observations" that gives us GR. An observation, in the passive sense,
> > can not reveal curvature, as you point out. When we "communicate", we
> > are simulating what other LSs would perceive, and since their identity
> > (Matti's SELF) is different, a difference, or better put, distortion
> > appears in our perceptions.
> > The subtle nature of bisimulation is the key to understanding this
> > notion. We can never escape from Platonic Cave's chains and bindings -
> > the "inside", but we can simulate "what it might be like" outside! Note
> > that when we say "it might be like X", we are talking about
> > probabilities! ;-) What we need to discuss is how LSs can "simulate"
> > each others behavior! Bisimulation is a pair of systems simulating each
> > other...
[HK]
> And, the bisimulation, i.e. the interaction between QM and GR occurs inside
> our mind, not outside.

        Yes! But the means by which the information coding the interaction is
expressed is important. This is why I am tentatively advancing the idea
of matter/information duality (Phylus/Logos); not a duality in the
Cartesian sense, but a duality of the mathematical sense, like linear
functionals are dual to vectors...
        What is called "matter" by an LS, that is considered "outside" is the
dual of information "inside" the LS. This implies directly something in
contradiction to common sense! The Rock that I kick and the Rock that
you kick are never "one and the same" Rock, they are just both members
of the same equivalence class. This is hard to swallow; I know, but if
we have proven that LS's are disjoint then so must be their space-times
and their momentum-energy "content"!
        On the other hand, we have the transcendental thinking of Dr. Palmer.
His "holons" seem to correspond to situations were the duality of LSs is
invertible. The greatest example of this is at the level of the Universe
as the Totality of existence. What happens when we have finite LSs that
are invertible? I think that these are the "bound states"???

Later,

Stephen