[time 824] Re: [time 822] Re: [time 820] P-adic Physics

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:18:16 +0900

Dear Matti and Stephen,

This is not a war as Matti seems to like to refer to it. Why westerners tend
to or like to see things as wars or fights or quarrels or troubles or anything
bad ...? I just want to make you ask your questions about my formulation in
exact words. You did not ask any questions about what I wrote, whose
understanding needs many questions for you to understand the things behind it,
but you just state what you think without exact relation with my words and
formulation.

Exact words are necessary to express your thought or theory. At the present
stage of exposition of your theory, you just state your impressions about the
universe. It cannot get any understanding if you would stay in self
satisfaction with your theory. I find some common points in yours with my
theory, especially in the idea of 3-surfaces attached at each point which
looks like resembling my local system. But I find at the same time some
difference: The state function \Psi of your universe seems to be in a
resonance state, if we track exactly your theory. My formulation is a step
toward clarifying these differences and common points as well. To see them, it
is necessary to express your theory precisely using mathematical words first.
But your mathematics looks confusing topologies of Hilbert spaces, which seems
the cause of your misunderstanding:

> On the other hand, Hilb_0 subspace of Hilb leads to problems
> with unitarity.

You seem understand what you mean in this statement inside yourself. But to
make others understand what you have in mind, you need to express it in exact
words so that others can understand. The smaller Hilbert space \HH_+ (=Hilb_0
in your notation) is a dual space of the larger Hilbert space \HH_- and
(\HH_+,\HH,\HH_-) constitute a Gelfand triple, which Stephen often referred
to. There are topological problems in my formula in [time 804], whose
understanding requires considering this triple. Did you notice this point when
you wrote your *decisive* statement above? The point which you see wrong in my
formulation is not clear to me also. You stick to your own words, and do not
try to make them express in other words. In the present discussion about your
formulation, you are speaking with me, so you should know my words. My
impression is that you neglect my words by sticking to your own expression,
which lacks exactness necessary to make points of arguments clear but makes
them more obscure than before. You need to take time to understand what I
wrote. You respond in a few minutes after my posts. I believe I do not write
such superficial things.

Best,
Hitoshi