[time 768] Re: Noumenon and Phenomenon

WDEshleman@aol.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 03:42:33 EDT

Time group,

Kant believes that the category of cause and effect applies only to
phenomena; cause and effect does not apply to the noumena.

The question is then, how do we approach discovery and analysis
of prospective mathematical candidates to represent the noumena?

The key, I suggest, is in the mathematical meaning of a
"suspension of cause and effect" for the noumena. This
"suspension of cause and effect" implies at least two intuitive
features that the noumena might possess:

    1) The noumena is an orthogonalization of cause and
         effect, or simply an orthogonalization of appropriate
         phenomena.
    2) Communication between the appropriate phenomena,
         via the noumena, would be instantaneous.

These ideas surfaced only since I have become aware of
Hitoshi's work on LSs. What I am looking for, in retrospect,
is an earlier justification for Hitoshi's approach and Kant is
where I suspect it to be. Hitoshi's noumenon is an
orthogonalization of QM and GR.

This kind deed that I do for Hitoshi has a relation also to
my own "suspension of cause and effect" that is necessary
when I attempt to orthogonalize gravity and inertia in an effort
to arrive at a form for a general relativity noumenon. My result
seems to suggest that in addition to the first orthogonalization,
two infinite sets of orthogonalizations of
classical gravity vs relativistic gravity and
classical inertia vs relativistic inertia are also required to
to be features of this proposed GR noumenon.

Definition for feature: Something you did not know about
your VCR until you pushed the right button on your remote
control that changes all of your TV viewing in the future.

Sincerely,

Bill