[time 763] Re: [time 762] Noumenon and Phenomenon

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:14:06 -0400

Dear Bill,

WDEshleman@aol.com wrote:

> Time group,
>
> Hitoshi has allowed his orthogonalisation of QM and GR
> to be called the noumenon of his theory of LSs.
>
> My approach to cosmology is to make inertia and gravity
> orthogonal (independent) and I accept this orthogonalisation
> as the noumenon of my cosmology.
>
> Could it be a consistent if not general rule that the noumenon
> is an orthogonalisation of phenomenon?

        By noumenon do you mean the class of all "observers", in that the
noemena (singular case) are "what is doing the observing" and,
similarly, do you mean phenomenon to be the class of all "observations"?
http://www.browncat.demon.co.uk/hoi/dictionary/concepts/n/Noumenon.html

Kindest regards,

Stephen