[time 643] Re: [time 640] Quotes from the Tao Te Ching

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:47:58 +0900

Dear Bill and All,

Bill <WDEshleman@aol.com> wrote:

> Everybody,
> There are so many possible reasons for the state
> of the world today that I thought that it might be
> informative to see some what the Tao Te Ching
> has to say. The part concerning knowledge is
> kind of scary...

Yes, what Tao Te Ching recognized about the knowledge is correct and for those
who have never thought of it as this, it is scary. Knowledge is the ability
that the governments/controllers of the society want to keep secret from their
people. What Paul met is the same as this. The established knowledge should
not be touched anymore according to the establishment. Because if it is
touched and changed, the established authorities would lose their power of
controls. The present knowledge is just the social source of their power. As
Matti has ever written, Nobelists want to keep their social/economic
advantages they got from the prizes. Here is no need for the truth. Just their
social position is their goal. Matti's theory cannot be accepted by them
because they lose their benefits which their fame produced if he accepted
Matti's theory/observations.

There is no difficulty in Tao's words that Bill quotes. Just read them quietly
to its depth.

> TAO TE CHING on Many-Worlds
>

> 1. "...the sage, in the exercise of his government, empties the peoples'
> minds, fills their bellies, weakens their wills, strengthens their bones. He
> constantly tries to keep them without knowledge and without desire, and
where
> there are those who have knowledge, to keep them from presuming to act on
it.
> Where there is this abstinence from action, good order is universal."
>
> 2. "There is no guilt greater than to sanction ambition, no calamity greater
> than to be discontented with one's lot, no fault greater than the wish to be
> getting. Therefore the sufficiency of contentment is an enduring and
> unchanging sufficiency."
>
> 3. "To those who are good to me, I am good; and to those who are not good to

> me, I am also good, and thus all get to be good. To those who are sincere
> with me, I am sincere; and to those who are not sincere with me, I am also
> sincere, and thus all get to be sincere. The sage does not accumulate for
> himself. The more that he expends for others, the more does he possess of
his
> own; the more that he gives to others, the more does he have himself."
>
> Perhaps Hitoshi can clarify this position on epistemology.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Bill

Best wishes,
Hitoshi