[time 636] Worlds as Lexicon

WDEshleman@aol.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:22:20 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/99 8:01:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stephenk1@home.com writes:

> Are "close copies" a minority or majority? Well, there measure
> theoretic properties of real valued labeled worlds is "measure one", in
> other words it is certain that if we picked a pair of worlds out of an
> urn that they would look almost alike! The article by F.W. Meyerstein
> (http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/CDMTCS//researchreports/089walter.pdf) is
> a good discussion of this!

Stephen,
I have read the paper now; I sure like short papers. At first, one may
think that infinite sums are Lexicons, then it becomes apparent that
infinite sums of infinite sums are really the Lexicons; that is if each
inner sum represents the same information as the outer sum.
This is where infinite products surface (sums of sums are products).
I had not thought of a product as a Lexicon, but it makes sense if
a Lexicon must have near copies of itself coded into its parts.
The infinite products of my study have parts (factors) that differ
from the the total product only by very small amounts of information.
I am interested to read some of your ideas on this Lexicon topic.
To understand my approach to infinite products, all you need to
know is some algebra, and simple rules of logarithms. What may
appear as complex at first, is really quite simple in concept
accessible (probably) to philosophers and high school kids too. :-)

Sincerely,

Bill