[time 555] Re: [time 554] Re: [time 553] Modeling change with nonstandard numbers & the Computation of Actuality

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:30:46 -0400

Dear Youlian,

        Write now I only have a mere metaphor of an idea. I am trying to
understand if it is possible to create a consistent model of the world
(all that we can agree upon given a finite sequence of communications)
using Pratt's notions.
        I has thinking, as I hung out the laundry, where does the information
meet the matter in a Turing machine? At the reading head! What is
occuring in a read/write operation? Some matter is being changed, how?
In the instance of a read/write head and (paper) tape, the head/tape
alters its configuration. What is "really" going on?
        I am not a physicists, and have a very hard time writing explicit
equations that can be used to describe some event, so I ask for help!
:-)

Got to go. Camile, my baby needs me...

Later,

Stephen

Youlian Troyanov wrote:

> Pretty close to Borges. I like your train of thought. Please elaborate
> on how you understand the Chu connection to the Lexicons.
snip