[time 452] Re: [time 451] Some New Mathematics

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:58:28 -0400

Dear Bill,

        This is the link to Ben's paper that discusses division algebras:

http://goertzel.org/ben/ons.html

        I found these other links that might help give flavor to what division
algebras are talking about:

http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/sfb343/preprints/pr95042.ps.gz
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/hep-th/9310115
http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Jordan.html
http://www.math.ethz.ch/EMIS/journals/NYJM/j/v1/1-11.html
http://www-lsii.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de/preprints/95-05.html

        Your comment about quantum jumps, I think, is on the mark! I have been
discussing with some local friends the idea that the Universe U is
divided into subsets that are constantly changing and comparing
themselves to each other. When two, or more, subsets match each other
they "collapse" into each other. If we think of each subset of U has an
information content, then these quantum jumps involve the increase of
Shannon information.
        At to the idea that "The Calculus" is the main reason for the failure
of unification, it is admitted my many experts that this is indeed on of
the problems! Another I see is the assumption of absolutes. I don't
think the key notions of relativity have been carried far enough.

Kindest regards,

Stephen