[time 451] Re: [time 447] Re: [time 446] Some New Mathematics

WDEshleman@aol.com
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:55:25 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/99 11:23:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stephenk1@home.com writes:

> How your infinite products relate to Ben's division algebras is an open
> question. I am just wondering. :-)

Stephen,

Now you've got me wondering too... where are Ben's papers on division
algebras located? My own thoughts are that the Lorentz factor is an infinite
product of factors, whereas The Calculus prefers infinite sums. I have grown
weary of The Calculus as I feel that it is the main reason why we have failed
at unifying GR and QM. I also feel that quantum jumps seem to exist only
because it is the way that the universe deals with missing entropy packets.
IE, missing entropy seems to us to be an increase of (Shannon) information.

Bill Eshleman