[time 330] Re: [time 327] Re: [time 326] Re: [time 325] Re: Fisher information andrelativity

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Thu, 20 May 1999 08:39:19 +0900

Dear Matti,

----- Original Message -----
From: Matti Pitkanen <matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi>
To: Hitoshi Kitada <hitoshi@kitada.com>
Cc: Time List <time@kitada.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 1999 11:47 PM
Subject: [time 327] Re: [time 326] Re: [time 325] Re: Fisher information
andrelativity

> Dear Hitoshi,
>
> thank you very much for seing the trouble of explaining: I will
> read your comments carefully.
>
> There is still one question! Frieden considers also
> Maxwell action with action density B^2-E^2.

He considers vector potential (A,phi) as the parameter and defines B and E
by using the vector.

 My guess
> was that this decomposition corresponds to I-J decomposition
> of action and would be thus noncovariant.

This procedure in Frieden is complicated and I do not feel any justification
for what Frieden is doing. It looks just an ad hoc procedure so that Frieden
gets the Maxwell equation. He assumes several types of axioms that give the
wanted equations, and I do not find any reasons for the axioms.

 I might well be
> wrong. The example of scalar field suggests that I am.
> Perhaps you could tell whether my interpretation is
> correct or not: if not, does this mean that the term J
> is totally absent for Maxwell action?

Frieden considers J, but I cannot understand why such a messy treatment of J
is necessary.

Best wishes,
Hitoshi