[time 252] Re: [time 251] Peter Wegner's paper

Peter Wegner (pw@cs.brown.edu)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:23:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hitoshi

        Your message is an excellent summary of my ideas in the paper on "Interaction, Computability, and Church's Thesis", better than I could have done myself.
        With regard to Godel's intentions, the Feferman paper in my references has a nice discussion of Godel's intentions and in particular his removal of a deep discussion of "consistency implies existence" in the initial 1929 thesis from the 1931 published version of the thesis.
        For more details on the relation to interactive to physical models, you may wish to look at the paper "Towards Empirical Computer Science", available on my home page and to appear in the Monist special issue on the philosophy of computation.
        My analysis of the relation between multi-stream machines and the Einstein-Bohr controversy on the hidden variable model should be interesting to you.
        I will be happy to discuss this in a later message.

        peter