[time 183] Re: [time 180] Re: [time 178] Questions

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 18:47:03 -0400

Hi,

OK thanks so much for the clarification, I understand much better now...

>Axiom 1 (and the defintion 2 of local systems) asserts that the Hilbert spaces
>H_{n \ell} and H_{n' \ell'} associated to L1 and L2 are different.

Yes, this is the crux of it all. What justifies this assumption? Is this
a standard
assumption of physical theory ... I suspect not....

Doesn't it violate common sense in some way -- i.e. if particles in distant
locations
have interacted before, they may be correlated in their patterns of
movement even
when you subtract off the center of mass.

what am I misunderstanding this time? ;)

ben