[time 159] Re: [time 149] Re: [time 108] Re: [time 81] Entropy, wholeness, dialogue, algebras

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 14:09:48 -0400

> Quaternions appear
>in the construction of exact solutions of YM action (instantons): could
>octonions appear in the construction of the absolute minima of Kahler
>action if this construction is possible at all (just a free
>association(;-)?

I don't fully understand this math, but, this is the kind of thing I'm
thinking about.

Octonions in a sense are the 8-D algebra with "maximal structuredness" so
it would
not be at all surprising if they appeared in this kind of context given
that you are already
dealing with projections into 8D

ben