[time 113] RE: [time 69] Spacetime & consciousness

ca314159 (ca314159@bestweb.net)
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 01:23:27 -0800

Hi,
I really hate resorting to physics jargon and
mathematics but I think in this case the meanings
are narrow enough to express what I mean:

  As the state parameters of a density matrix
  become less discrete and more continuous,
  the density matrix becomes more complete,
  until at the extreme the density matrix does
  not represent probabilities but the complete
  classical Newtonian representation of what
  the density matrix was intended to model.
  These intermediate semi-classical stages
  resolve the system that the density matrix
  is modelling.

  The complete density matrix is a fiction in the
  sense that it reduces all non-determinism to
  determinism. Randomness resolved completely
  is not randomness.

  This brings in the concept of infinty which
  leads to the renormalization problem, which is
  solved in many cases by picking a suitable cutoff
  where the density matrix is semi-classically
  sufficient for the intended purpose of the
  modelling.

--

http://www.bestweb.net/~ca314159/