[time 97] Re: [time 91] Re: [time 89] Spacetime & consciousness

Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:29:01 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, ca314159 wrote:

> Matti Pitkanen wrote:
> > In QM entanglement is one of the most QM:eish phenomena and plays key
> > role in quantum compute sciencer. Schrodinger cat provides the standard
> > example of entanglement. The state of cat and bottle of poison is
> > superposition of cat dead-bottle open and cat alive-bottle closed states.
>
> There seems to be a distinction between "entanglement" and
> "the superposition of wavefunctions" as in the Schrodinger cat
> experiment.
>
> Entanglement is between "events", as in two down-conversion photons in
> a Zeilinger quantum teleportation experiment.
>
> Superposition of wavefunctions may be said to be an "entanglement" of
> "states" but which is quite different from an entanglement of "events".

Also in Schrodinger cat experiment there is entanglement between the
states of bottle and cat and one has superposition of unentangled states.
My terminilogy event would most naturally correspond to quantum jump
destroying the entanglement, say selecting for instance dead cat and open
poison bottle.

MP