[time 76] Re: [time 72] RE: [time 69] Spacetime & consciousness

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:06:08 -0500

>>Hitoshi, your "philosophical" paper does not really address this
>>philosophical issue.
>>I'm not interested in philosophical verbiage so much as in the logic of
>>this relationship.
>

>I am too. Just I could not find a proper logical structure that suits the
>situation which I want to describe.

It seems to me that what needs to be done to place the theory on a firm
logical foundation
is to

1) establish a general formalism, conceptual and mathematical, for the logic
of wholes versus
    the logic of parts

2) derive QM from the logic of parts and GR from the logic of wholes,
introducing additional
    mathematical assumptions as necessary

I have some more ideas about this, which I will give a little later when I
have more time.

ben