[time 75] Re: [time 69] Spacetime & consciousness

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:58:46 -0500

hi,

> Agreed, but... To redirect... :) I picked up my copy of Gerald
>Edelman's "Bright Air, Brilliant Fire: On the matter of the mind" and I
>am reminded of why I am so much of a fan of Edelman! You should read
>this book! His Theory of Neuronal Group Selection (TNGS) has very much
>influenced what I am thinking of how Local Systems (LSs) interact.

Yes, I know Edelman's work well ... it was one of the inspirations for my
mathematical model of the mind

I do see the parallel here, on a very abstract, archetypal level. He
proposes
a different logic for interaction between neuronal groups, than the one that
applies
between neurons.

ben