[time 9] Re: [time 7] Re: Gravitational Aharonov-Bohm Effect

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 08:54:09 -0500

Dear Hitoshi,

Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> Dear Stephen,
>
> Eric seems to put his point on which is correct, Weyl or Einstein. I think,
> however, the point is to find an explanation of the experiment of R. Collela,
> A. W. Overhauser and S. A. Werner in "Observation of gravitationally induced
> quantum mechanics," Phys. Rev. Lett. 34 (1975), 1472-1474, not to find a
> conclusion of a kind of religious judgements like which of Weyl or Einstein is
> correct.
>
> Best wishes,
> Hitoshi Kitada

        I agree with you, absolutist "religious statements" are very
counter-productive. On another point, would Local Times theory predict
that "gravity waves" are undetectable? I do think that it implies that
there is no such thing as a graviton, unless one is willing to think of
a black hole as such! BTW, have you ever read Edington's discussion of
Weyl's gauge theory? I think that the Local Times axioms render the
arguments against it mute!

Later,

Stephen