[time 4] Re: Local Systems

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:35:40 -0500

Dear Hitoshi,

        In my not so humble opinition :) you have stumbled upon the key ideas
involved in my thinking of how local systems interact!!!!!

Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> Dear Robert,
>
> Maybe what I am up against is exactly what you mentioned. I.e., the
> social problems in scientists world. Stephen promoted me to open a
> mailing list, which might open the next stage of our communication.
> I as well as you appreciate Stephen for his optimism and/or
> determination. Mailing list is just one method of communications. We
> three would make communications with others via usual e-mails and
> any other media. I for the time being am waiting the number of
> subscribers to the list increases. Just now there are only four
> members in the list: you, Stephen, Chris Hillman, and I. Chris
> seemed to have sent a post to the list to Stephen and Stephen
> forwarded it to the list, so I took a liberty to add Chris to the
> list with explaining Chris the situation.

        HERE IT IS:

> Probably the politics in physics should be removed. Or at least they
> should have a common language to be able to communicate each other,
> as you write. This is, however, the most difficult problem as human
> beings have been struggling since their birth (as some say, this
> might be given by "God" to human. Maybe we would try to become
> another god if we could ever overcome the language difficulty).

a rough, very rough, sketch:
        What is politics, in the most generic sense? It is the basis of the
vector space (?) within which individual observers (as LSs) model the
information content of other LSs that they can communicate with. (There
is some boundary function/mapping involved here that involves a mutual
entropy of the LSs...)
        What is a "common launguage?" It is a system of encoding and decoding
data such that participants of the language system can agree on their
relative locations and environmental features.
        What is a "God?" It is a "glocal" metric/basis/gauge group defined by
something like the greatest fixed points over the LSs that are
communicating. See P. Wegner's papers on Interactional machines.
        I apologize for the hastiness of this post. It is probably "not even
wrong," but I have to go to work and must write down my thought before
they dissapear. :)

        Thank you so much for your work! :)

Later,

Stephen