[time 1] [Fwd: Information Mechanics]

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:10:06 -0500

attached mail follows:

Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> Dear Stephen,
>
> My point of "not defining a unique connection between the Local
> Systems" is assumed just at the first step of the theory. This
> provides us freedom of defining connections between LSs later. On
> your point "even an infinite number of different connections are
> possible between LSs," the observable things are finite by nature of
> observation. Connections are necessary only to explain observation
> on my standpoint.

        Yes, Connections are "communication channels" and any given LS can have
only a finite number of observable configurations with which to encode a
finite number of messages and/or construct a finite number of models to
infer the observations of other LSs. The point that I has alluding to
was that there are potentially an infinite (cardinality > than the
continuum!?) number of possible different connections between them, but
these are never observable; we can only represent a finite number of
events/states thus we can only observe/be aware of a finite number of
such.
        This speaks to the information/communication theory aspects of LS
theory.

> BTW, I think the new time mailing list at my site seems working now.
> Try to send
>
> subscribe time
>
> without subject to
>
> majordomo@kitada.com
>
> You will receive some notification from Majordomo software. I will
> approve your account on receipt, then Majordomo will inform you that
> you are included in the time list.
>
> Best wishes,
> Hitoshi Kitada

        I sent mail to I sent mail to majordomo@kitada.com... We'll see what happens... :)